Ayurvedic Tips For Complete Health, Beauty & Glowing SkinGoing Back to The Start - 12 Tips from Ancient Ayurveda That You Need to Opt For.
The earliest mention of Ayurvedic medicine is present in the vedas, with its roots in India. Therefore, if you grew up in an Indian household, there is no way you haven’t had a go at Ayurveda. Because of its benefits and no side-effects, Ayurveda is prevalent in other parts of the world and is used for holistic healing and an alternative therapy to cure diseases and for overall health and well-being.
The only caveat is that you need to make it a point to practice it on a regular basis and make it a part of your life. In essence, you have to go back to the start and follow the traditional route to derive all the benefits that this ancient healing system has to offer.
Here are some basic tips from Ayurveda that will get you started.
Regularly opt for Ayurvedic oil massages
Ayurvedic oil body massage is getting increasingly popular. These massages not only relieve your mind from stress and also, removes toxins from the body. These oil massages are therapeutic in nature and can cure several conditions like – back pain, sciatica, insomnia etc. and also improve blood circulation. You can either opt to massage your own body parts or take someone else’s assistance for the same. Both the techniques of massaging the body is immensely helpful.
Additionally, you can also opt for using an Ayurvedic hair oil to massage the scalp. For this purpose, you can choose from some special Ayurvedic hair oils, which assist in improving hair growth, curing dandruff, preventing premature graying and enhancing the overall texture of the hair. It also helps relieve a number of diseases associated with the nervous system.
In fact, massaging the scalp with oil (especially hot oil massage) has been in practice for centuries in India and the tradition carries on till date.
Ayurvedic Tips For Complete Health, Beauty & Glowing Skin
Watch what you eat
There is a great emphasis on diet in Ayurveda. This is because what you eat and more importantly, how you eat, has a direct effect on Ayurvedic treatments apart from your general health and well-being. Some of the diet-related tips that you need to follow while practicing Ayurveda include but are not limited to:
• Start your day by detoxifying your system - Warm water with a few drops of lemon juice and honey is all that you need in the morning to detoxify your digestive system. Make it a habit of drinking this mixture on a daily basis. Not only does it help enhance your health, but also helps you effectively get rid of excess fat.
• Make sure that you always sit down and eat your meals - Never combine it with standing, walking, driving or any other activity. It is also necessary to concentrate on your food while eating.
• Have a meat, fish, eggs or other non-vegetarian preparation at home - Avoid consuming milk or milk-based products with them. Follow the same rule when you consume citrus fruits, alcoholic drinks, radishes etc.
• Are you in the habit of eating cold food? Don’t do that. Always eat food when it is warm and neither too cold nor too hot. This ensures better digestion. Also, avoid eating something hot immediately having a food that is cold in temperature.
• Eat at the same time every day - When you put your body on a routine, the digestive gets accustomed to it and fares well (this tip also holds true for your sleeping pattern as well).
• A lot of us take to binge-eating when feeling low. But this is a no-no according to Ayurveda. Food when eaten with a negative mind, will lose its effectiveness. Therefore, eat only when you have a positive state of mind.
Use the goodness of nature in your beauty regimen
Ayurveda is also crucial for beautiful skin apart from long, lustrous and healthy hair. Here are some tips that you can follow:
acne prone skin? Make a face pack of holy basil/tulsi and sandalwood/chandan along with margosa/neem leaves by grinding them to a fine paste. Add a few drops of rose water to it. This all-natural face pack, when used regularly, will clear your acnes and also, soothe your skin.
• Fight tan naturally with these ayurvedic tipsWant to get rid of all that tan? Fret not, as you needn’t spend all your money on de-tanning spa or products but use something as simple as an orange! Apply freshly squeezed orange (or lemon) juice on your skin and it will effectively help you in getting rid of tan.
Change your lifestyle in accordance with the seasons.Did you know that each and every season also has an effect on your health and well-being? This is why you need to follow Ritucharya. It is the practice of altering your diet and lifestyle according to the seasons. For instance, in winter season, you need to have foods with a sour taste along with milk products, sugarcane products, cereals and pulses etc. Along with this, you need to regularly massage with oil, bathe in lukewarm water, get some sunlight, avoid excessive walking or sleeping late nights etc. Similarly, you need to follow different diet and lifestyle when the season changes.
Ayurveda is a vast field and these are only a handful of tips from the centuries-old therapy, most of which have passed down several generations. What other Ayurvedic tips would you recommend? Write to us and let us know!
Axara Sharma is a Delhi-based writer. She writes on several topics, which include lifestyle and healthcare. She extensively writes about hair loss, ayurveda and herbal remedies for Iraya. Apart from the written word, she loves the outdoors and being a foodie.